interim Program Director
Dr. Harvey is a Paediatric Emergency Medicine Physician and Point of Care Ultrasound Team Member at the Hospital for Sick Children. He also serves as the Epic physician lead for the department. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. Dr. Harvey has taught many national and international PEM POCUS workshops integrating low-fidelity simulation into ultrasound learning. He is interested in the integration and optimization of current and emerging technologies to improve paediatric care. When he isn’t focused on all the problems of the Epic build and venting those frustrations through actual clinical care, he’s happily home practicing photography on his favourite subject, his kids.
- Rosenfield D, Harvey G, Jessa K. (2019) Implementing electronic medical records in Canadian Emergency Departments. CJEM 21(1), 15-17. doi:10.1017/cem.2018.454
- Harvey G, Tessaro M. Images in Emergency Medicine: Child with Cough and Fever. Annals of Emergency Medicine 2017; 70:e41-e42
- Le C, Harvey G, McLean L, Fischer J. Point-of-Care Ultrasound Use to Differentiate Hematoma and Sarcoma of the Thigh in the Pediatric Emergency Department. Paediatric Emergency Care 2017; 33(2):135-136
- Cole E, Harvey G, Urbanski S, Foster G, Thabane L, Parker MJ. Rapid Paediatric Fluid Resuscitation: Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing the Efficiency of Two Provider Endorsed Manual Paediatric Fluid Resuscitation Techniques. BMJ Open 2014; 4(7):e005028
- Cole E, Harvey G, Foster G, Thabane L, Parker MJ. Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial comparing the efficiency of two provider-endorsed manual paediatric fluid resuscitation techniques. BMJ Open 2013; 3:e002754