MD BCh BAO, MHI, FRCPC
Dr. McLean. is the POCUS Director and a Staff Physician at the Hospital for Sick Children. She is also an Assistant Professor in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. Dr. McLean has taught nationally and internationally for diverse groups of care providers including transport specialists, community physicians, paediatricians, emergency, and critical care physicians. Her research interests include technology integration and evaluation, POCUS AI development, and quality improvement studies on clinical and educational impacts of POCUS.
- Florin TA, Tancredi DJ, Ambroggio L, Babl FE, Dalziel SR, et al. Predicting severe pneumonia in the emergency department: a global study of the Pediatric Emergency Research Networks (PERN) – study protocol. BMJ Open. 2020 Dec 2;10(12):e041093. Doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-041093. Impact Factor: 2.712. SI.
- Friedman N, Lee MS, McLean L, Tessaro MO. Using point-of-care ultrasound to characterize acute inguinal swelling of young children in the pediatric emergency department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2020 Jun; 36(6): 304-307. Doi: 10.1097/PEC.0000000000002014. [Epub ahead of print]. Impact Factor: 0.911. CA
- Friedman N, Pancer Z, Savic R, Tseng F, Lee MS, Mclean L, Bagli DJ, Tessaro MO. Accuracy of point-of-care ultrasound by pediatric emergency physicians for testicular torsion. J Pediatr Urol. 2019 Jul 12. pii: S1477-5131(19)30214-1. doi: 10.1016/j.jpurol.2019.07.003. [Epub ahead of print]. Impact Factor: 1.622. CA
- Friedman N, Tseng F, Savic R, Diallo M, Fathi K, Mclean L, Tessaro MO. Reliability of neck mass point-of-care ultrasound by pediatric emergency physicians. J Ultrasound Med. 2019 Nov;38(11):2893-2900. Doi: 10.1002/jum.14993. Epub 2019 Apr 1. Impact Factor: 1.786. CA
- McLean L. How well does a point-of-care ultrasound identify pediatric forearm fractures? [Appraisal of the article Point-of-Care Ultrasound for nonangulated distal forearm fractures in children: test performance characteristics and patient-centered outcomes by Poonai N et al. in Acad Emerg Med. 2017 May: 24(50:607-616)] BEEM Report 4th Quarter. 2017. 95-96. Impact Factor: 2.979. PA