Credentialing & Quality Assurance Lead
Dr. Tessaro completed his paediatrics residency and paediatric emergency medicine fellowship at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. He then completed a fellowship in paediatric emergency medicine ultrasound at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. Dr. Tessaro is engaged in projects with emergency point-of-care ultrasound, establishing its value in clinical pathways and formally measuring its impact in care, while examining its relevance to procedures, timeliness and accuracy of diagnosis. He focuses on technology evaluation, cost-effectiveness, usability, and outcomes measurement through seminars, courses, and project-based work.
- Bergmann KR, Arroyo AC, Tessaro MO, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of point-of-care ultrasound for intussusception: a multicenter, noninferiority study of paired diagnostic tests. Ann Emerg Med. 2021 Jul 2;S0196-0644(21)00340-1. Doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2021.04.033. Online ahead of print.
- Tessaro MO, Friedman N, Al-Sani F, Gauthey M, Maguire B, Davis A. Pediatric point-of-care ultrasound of optic disc elevation for increased intracranial pressure: a pilot study. Am J Emerg Med. 2021 49:18-23. Doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2021.05.051
- Harel-Sterling M, Diallo M, Santhirakumaran S, Maxim T, Tessaro MO. Emergency department resource use in pediatric pneumonia: point-of-care lung ultrasonography versus chest radiography. J Ultrasound Med. 2019 Feb;38(2):407-414. Doi: 10.1002/jum.14703. Epub 2018 Jul 19.
- Seguin J, Tessaro MO. A simple, inexpensive phantom model for intubation ultrasonography training. Chest. 2017 May; 151(5):1194-96. Doi: 10.1016/j.chest.2017.02.014. SRA
- Friedman N, Pancer Z, Savic R, Tseng F, Lee MS, McLean L, Bagli DJ, Tessaro MO. Accuracy of point-of-care ultrasound by pediatric emergency physicians for testicular torsion. J Pediatr Urol. 2019 Dec, 15(6):608.e1-608.e6. Doi: 10.1016/j.jpurol.2019.07.003. Epub 2019 Jul 12. SRA