Interim POCUS Fellowship Director
Dr. Capua is a paediatric emergency medicine staff physician and a member of the POCUS Faculty at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada. She received her medical degree at The Sackler School of Medicine in Israel, and completed her paediatric residency at The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore in New York. She then went on to complete her Paediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship at Cohen Children’s Medical Center in New York. Dr. Capua completed her Paediatric Point-of-care Ultrasound (POCUS) fellowship at the Hospital for Sick Children. Dr. Capua has presented research in multiple national and international conferences and has lectured on the use of POCUS to both physicians and physician assistants. She has also participated in medical mission trips to low-resource areas. Her research interest lies in POCUS educations and identifying barriers to the use of POCUS by clinicians, as well as the dissemination of POCUS to low-resource settings for improving paediatric health and medical management.
- Rabiner JE, Capua M, Golfeiz D, Shoag J, and Avner JR. Validation of Risk Stratification Criteria to Identify Febrile Neonates at Low Risk of Serious Bacterial Infection. Glob Pediatr Health. 2019. DOI: 10.1177/2333794X19845076
- Gauthey M, Capua M, Brent J, and Finkelstein Y. Poisoning with Malicious or Criminal Intent: Characteristics and Outcome of Patients Presenting for Emergency Care. Clin Toxicol. 2019. DOI: 10.1080/15563650.2018.1546009
- Haviv R, Capua M, Amir J, and Harel L. Cutaneous Polyarteritis Nodosa Successfully Treated with Topical Diflucortolone Valerate – A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Pediatr Rheumatol Online J. 2014. Vol 12(1):46.
- Leiba A, Capua M, Dinour D, Adir EH, Sela BA, and Holtzman EJ. Nephrotic Range Proteinuria and Resistant Hypertension – Is It The Egg That Came First? Kidney Int. 2012. Vol 82(5):612.
- Capua M, Ahmadi N, and Shapiro C. Overview of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children: Exploring the Role of Dentists in Diagnosis and Management. J Can Dent Assoc. 2009. Vol 75(4):285-9.